4.10.2007

I Wish I Was a Toys 'R Us Kid

I was going to start this by saying that I try my best to avoid extremely personal topics, but that's probably bullshit. Just a few months ago I wrote quite a bit about my grandfather's death and I'm sure I've written plenty of others, but I'm not going to go through them all to determine the truth.

Wednesday my mom is having surgery. I'm not going to say what procedure, but it's fairly common. It is performed 600,000 times a year. It doesn't matter how many people undergo this type of surgery, I'm still very worried. It's surgery after all and complications can always come up.

I knew that it was going to happen for some time now. Just a month, or a few weeks. I'm not quite sure. I was concerned then, but it quickly went away since it wasn't staring me in the face at the time. The time for staring has come though, and the feelings of uncertainty have resurfaced with a vengeance.

I'm having a difficult time expressing myself. This is just one of the numerous things on my mind, but it's taking much of my brain's time. It's been a difficult year already and this sure as hell isn't helping.

This is just another moment that make me yearn for a simpler time in my life.

EDIT:
I just found out that the surgery has been moved to Monday of next week. It appears that the Fates wish my worries to fester inside of me until the day comes.

No comments: