3.30.2007

Just Getting One In

It's been way too long, once again, since my last post. I would go into details of what I've been up to, but it really hasn't been much. Seen a few concerts, played dodgeball, seen movies, that kind of thing. I'm just going to write some random things for now. Maybe I'll go into those "details" I mentioned some other time.

SO. I was just sitting here watching Star Wars IV, the original, when something dawned on me. Something just wasn't quite right when I was watching the scenes on the Death Star. Oh, I guess I should apologize now for my geekness. Much of this may not make any sense to some. Now, these Death Star scenes. Did it seem like they all got around the thing a bit too easily. I don't mean the scenes where they're flying around in their X-Wings trying to blow the thing up, I'm talking about the princess saving ones. They're in a place the size of a planet and they get from one place to another without breaking a sweat. I don't see anyone getting around in golf carts or anything like that. Do they have glass elevators like Willy Wonka that go every which way from Sunday? They just walk around the entire time. It ruined the whole movie for me. The three new movies didn't help, but this was the nail in the coffin.

Ok, I just couldn't keep myself from writing about this. TMNT was incredible. I had an enormous amount of doubt when I'd heard it was in the works and that it was CGI, but I was wrong. I've watched the original live-action movies a number of times since they were first released, and I always felt that the Turtles were a bit limited in what they could do. I think the cartoon had this image in my mind that they could do any physical feat possible. Even the impossible ones. This new flick made me remember the reason why, although cool to see, live-action Turtles just can't live up to an artist's imagination. All the jumps and aerial gymnastics were perfect for this mind from the MTV generation. The only thing I was disappointed with was the role of Donatello in it. He's my favorite. Has been since I was a kid. It was definitely Raphael's movie. At least there's a good chance that there will be a sequel where my guy will have a chance to shin.


Recently I've noticed that I censor myself before I write anything. I've started that because I ran into a friend and I was introduced to someone and somehow this gets brought up and the person I've never met before knows of it. This is a problem for me, you see. I now rethink something I'm going to write over and over again until I think it was funny, and then once I sit to write it I realize it's lost a bit of humor since it's initial conception. I've also censored my use of foul language. I'm starting to wonder if the younger members of my family read this, and would I want them to tell their parents, my aunts and uncles, that they learned "that word" from me? Fuck no!

No comments: