5.03.2006

And CUT! Send It To Print

So the project has finally come to a close. I've got a few little things to take care of, but for the most part it's, as the French say, "Fin." This presentation went much smoother for me this time around. Not so nervous 'cause I was shooting from the hip, I was off book, no notes needed because I didn't want 'em. They just make me trip over my words and I spend more time thinking about what is in the notes than what I'm actually saying.

The only problem was that I wasn't able to gauge the response of the audience. The first time my team and I presented to the client's reps it was noticeable that they were impressed with what we had planned out for our campaign, but this time... Not so much. They didn't ask many questions either. That really concerned me. I think I had to field 3 questions, unlike the first go around where it was at least 10 or so. Either they were so blown away by it all that they couldn't express emotion or contemplate a difficult question of any sort, or it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. I'm going to just go with the former. I need to get some good sleep, so worrying about how it went wouldn't help. It's over and done with and there's nothing I can do to change that.

The next step is to enter my team into the official nation-wide competition. Three of the seventeen schools will be chosen to fly out to Santa Monica, CA, I believe, to present to the folks at Honda their campaigns and results. I had met with my teacher after everyone had left and we talked about who would represent us, we're limited to five students, and it's going to be hard to tell people that they're not going. We also talked about some of the grades that will be coming for folks. She asked me my opinion on how everyone did and I kind of ran through, in order, how everyone did. Hopefully people aren't pissed at me about the whole thing. They should have had an idea of what they were getting.

That's it for this. Unless I hear about going to California, this is probably the last time you'll read of this project. I guess there's always the off chance that someone attacks me because they weren't able to graduate or something because of this class, but I don't think anyone is that crazy. Well, there is one that might...

No comments: