5.06.2006

Let Me Tell You 'Bout a Friend of Mine


Test
Originally uploaded by bennok.
So, this guy is Benn. He's an old friend from St. Louis and he's been in Japan on an exchange program since September. Something you should know about this guy, other than being a great human being, is that he's a weight lifter. A few years ago he spent some time in Colorado at the Olympic training center, which I don't think he liked too much. This dude is stronger than anyone I know. I secretly want to see him get in a fight with a group of people to see how long it would take him to wipe the floor with them. I guess it's not a secret anymore though...

Anyway, while in Japan he's continuing on with his weight training and he's cleaning up at the competitions the team enters. Not being there, I can't really say for sure, but I'm willing to wager that he's the biggest guy there. At least the tallest...

Here's a few videos of him (hopefully he doesn't mind me posting these and possibly stealing his bandwidth) doing the snatch, and clean and jerk. I'm an idiot, so I don't know which is which.

Here he's doing 138 kg. Again, I don't know if it's the snatch or clean and jerk.
Now 143 kg.
Here's 172 kg. The lift style is different here, which is why there's such a difference in weight.
And, finally, 180 kg. I would suck as a sports journalist.

He recently emailed a video of a Japanese variety show that he was on called "Kansai Banzai Shinbun". (Shinbun means newspaper, according to what he says.) In the video they interview his teammates and then... Well, maybe you should just watch it so I don't give it away. It might be much funnier to me, since I know the guy. See what you think.
Click here for the show clip.

EDIT:
So, my friends bandwidth, has indeed exceeded it's limit for the next few weeks. I'm hoping I didn't cause this, but I won't know for sure until I get a response from him. I really can't believe that it was me since I just don't have the numbers that would be necessary to create such an overload. But who knows?

No comments: