3.30.2006

Hooray for Procrastination!

In my search for entertainment on this here thing called the internets while shirking all kinds of responsibility I happened across a strange little site. It is called Bombay TV. Just take that as it is for a moment while I go onto a completely unrelated subject.

The other day I realized I had in my old age become lazier and dumber than in any other stage of my life to date. I was brushing my teeth the other day with my electric toothbrush when the battery died. It's set to go off after 2 minutes, the dentist approved time it takes to properly brush a set of pearly whites, or slightly off-whites for some, so the first thought that popped into my head was that my time was up. I quickly dashed that from my mind as soon as I remembered that I had only brushed one side of my mouth, and only the bottoms at that. I've never been so thorough about anything in my life, especially not spending 2 minutes on brushing a distance of an inch and a half of teeth. It's just not my thing.

It then dawned on me that the battery had indeed died. So I rinsed off the toothbrush and set it down. I didn't think about brushing my teeth with it as though it were a non-electric brush. I just set it down and went on with the rest of my morning ritual.

It wasn't until much later in the day that I thought back on that moment and thought, "I'm such a fucking dumbshit! It's a toothbrush whether it vibrates or not so why didn't I just continue cleaning the rest of my teeth?" Because I've become a senile old coot, that's why.

And now, back to the website. So this website contains 12 short clips from Bombay TV, apparently. I have no idea what they are saying but they provide subtitles. Here comes the twist though; you get to write the subtitles. It might seem like the dumbest thing in the world, but the combination of boredom, strange scenarios presented by the clips themselves and a wild imagination (or just being an odd duck) leads to hours of fun. I'll give you a few links to some that I've done to give you an idea of what is possible. These are probably the greatest subtitles anyone will ever be able to create, so don't feel discouraged if yours do not turn out as funny. You have a lot to live up to.

No descriptions since it'd give away too much:
Valet
$100
Ugly Mommy
The Phone Call
Laundry
Bow Down To ME
Dance!

No comments: