7.01.2005

Hell Week

Hell Week is what those military people call the first week of Marine training, I think. I refer to it as the week of finals and trying to get all the stuff done I should have finished for classes weeks ago, but didn't because I kept putting it off until tomorrow. Well, Hell Week is finally over. The last scantron bubble filled in. The last statistical analysis analyzed. If only that was the end of it all. I've still got another month of summer classes left, next week managerial accounting starts and I've still got my marketing class for another few weeks. At least it's only two classes now instead of four. I thought I was going to blow a head-gasket for awhile there. And I don't even want to talk about the lack of sleep. Too many late nights reading chapter after chapter. Oy!
Now on to bigger and better things. I got a pair of flip-flops yesterday for $2 to replace my old black pair. The soles were nearly worn through and I've had those for five or six years as it is. They're a lot better to wear down in this heat than a pair of shoes and socks. My toes are free to breath the in the fresh smog! *Breath In... cough, cough, hack*
I also watched this great movie tonight, City of God. It's based on a true story about a photographer growing up in Rio de Janeiro during the 1960's and 70's. He witnessed a whole mess of gang activity and an all-out drug war. The director had some great shots set up and really made me feel like I was in the thick of it all too. I thought it was a lot like Snatch, which I still think is great. Reason I say that is because there were a lot of cuts to different stories about individual characters that just added to the entire plot. The characters were really well developed too. Maybe I'm way off on the Snatch thing, but that's what I thought. It is a foreign film, so there'll be subtitles. I missed the first 10-15 minutes, but I still sat through the whole thing and enjoyed every bit of it.
That's it for now, I've got to go catch up on some sleep. I think I might get to that anniversary post tomorrow. I've also got to teach myself to solder so I can fix my car windows. I'll explain that another time too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every week is a hell week