5.08.2006

Just Some Weird Crap Someone Said To Me

Friday night I decided it was about time to give my hair a bit of a trim. I noticed that I spent a lot of time pulling it out of the collar/neck region and it was a tad annoying. I stroll in about 20 minutes before they're getting ready to close up. They weren't doing anything but sitting around, so when I walked in I said, "It looks like you ladies need something to do."

The same young lass that cuts my hair every time is there and checks her computer for me. It had been sic months since the last time I was there. She asked if it had really been six months since I had last gotten my hair cut, I said, "No." I lied. It took a while for her to remember me, but she did. I was a bit surprised by that.

On to the weird shit. So I'm sitting there and making some small talk when she starts telling me about this guy she saw walking down 290 a while back. She said he was just walking down the highway wearing a diaper and a cross. Then she continued to say that she brought it up because the guy looked a lot like me. He had the same hair color and length that I had with a beard too. I told her I was flattered, with obvious sarcastic overtones, and then said I'd done some crazy shit in my life, but never walked down a highway in a diaper and carried a cross.


Now I'm done with the hair cut. She's blow drying my hair, which made it look real weird since I don't do that crap, and as she's running her hands through it she tells me I have, "sitcom hair that a lot of guys are trying to copy." I still don't have a damn clue as to what she's talking about. Apparently she has a lot of customers that want to have the long hair look, but can't pull it off because their hair is too thick and the humidity down here makes it do crazy things. That's the only thing that I can think of when she described my hair as "sitcom hair". I've seen a lot of neighborhood teens like that, but I had no idea they walked in and asked for the "sitcom hair" cut. Maybe I'll start taunting all the kiddies that can't quite pull it off. I really don't have that much else to do during the day.

No comments: