1.21.2006

One Week Down

First week of classes are over with, just three days but it felt like an eternity. Some old crap for most of them; work in teams and make presentations or long ass reports that no one will actually read. That's pretty much what I thought was going to happen going into this semester. Book reading and lots of writing bullshit.
However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I'm actually going to take part in creating a marketing campaign for an actual company and new product. My class has created an agency so far, and that's about it. It's a competition between about 20 schools across the nation. The top three teams will go to California, I can't remember where the head office is exactly, and then present the campaign to those in charge. I think there's a cash prize in it as well, I can't remember all the details. The winning campaign may even be used to promote the product nationally.
I'm really looking forward to taking part in this. Not only will this give me some experience, something that I can't really get without working which no one will hire me for since I have no experience, but it'll look great on my resume. It'll be a good break from the monotony of this whole school thing.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that I'm not going to mention the name of the company or the product so I don't get a barage of comments (which would actually be a huge change from the norm here) about how to market it. I'm already getting lots of stuff from home, and most of them so far are beyond the budget.

No comments: