1.19.2006

Might as Well Be an Ad for Apple

So since I got my video iPod I've been spending some time looking at the free podcasts to fill up some of this massive hard drive it has in it. I found a number of video podcasts, but it's hard to tell which ones are good or which ones should be passed up.
I've done some digging and a little watching during a boring class today and found one podcast that I'm liking a lot. It's called Channel Frederator. It's all animated, and from what I can tell submitted by normal folks with time on their hands. I think some of them are homegrown, but I was trying to look interested in what was going on in class and watching the shorts at the same time. Many of the submitted shorts brought a smile to my face and I even let out a bit of a chuckle, yes a chuckle, while watching. I won't tell you which one it was 'cause then it would get all hyped up and then you'd watch it and think, "That was it?" Like the first time I saw "The Matrix." It had been hyped up by everyone and by the time I saw it, many months after it's release, it sounded like it was greater than "Citizen Kane" (Which I had not seen yet at that point in my life, but I knew of it's stance in filmdom.) and after it was all over I just though, "Eh. So the world is a computer program and Keanu Reaves knows kung-fu." I'm not going to do that to you folks.
If you're looking to watch some of these video podcasts all you really need is iTunes. It comes with a "Video" section to click on. If you don't know how to get the podcasts just go to the Music Store and find the "Podcasts" link. After that just find what you're in to. I like cartoons and weird shit. If you don't like cartoons and weird shit, then Channel Frederator may not be your cup of evaporated milk. Maybe you'll get a kick out of them anyway. I don't know you. I'm not here to tell you what to like for fuck's sake!
Sorry, that was uncalled for. It's ironic that as a marketing major I'm saying something like that though. Since my entire job will be getting a message to you which will tell you exactly what to like and that you must have this thing or that. But that's not my job yet. I'm only going to do that once I get paid. So if Steve Jobs happens to float a cheque my way you might be seeing a few more posts about this awesome iPod that I got. I think it's doing my taxes down stairs right now! For 2008!!!

No comments: