5.08.2005

Cinco De Mayo

I think this was the first year that I actually went out for Cinco De Mayo. I had a final that afternoon and a bunch of classmates and I went out for some drinks and Mexican food. I didn't have any complaints, but some of the people from Mexico did. They didn't like the food for some reason. I just got some nachos, how hard is it to mess up nachos? I probably should have gotten much more to eat though. We started drinking at about 4:30pm and the drinks kept flowing until... Honestly, I can't remember. I don't even know what time I got in that night. I remember going to a bunch of different places, a few I had to lie/scam my way into because I wasn't wearing the proper foot wear (I hate those places and had I known that I was going to them would have protested). Funny little note for the night; as I was sneaking into one of those clubs I actually got stopped by a bouncer who thought I was carrying a gun. After talking to him for a few minutes I got the whole thing straightened out and made it inside.
Obviously, not being able to remember much of the night means that I was one drunk-ass guy. That also means I most likely acted like an asshole for at least 1-2 hours, which I inevitably do when I'm around a bunch of people giving me more and more to drink. I haven't heard from anybody about that night even though I called one of the guys Saturday, so I'm not sure if I did anything REALLY dickhead-ed-ly or not (such as the ABF night at Mizzou).
Friday was a day of rest since I passed out and took no precautionary measures to prevent myself from getting a hangover when I arrived home. I should have had more self-control over the amount I was drinking, but I hadn't been out in so long I guess I just never thought to slow down. I do know that I never got sick, so there's no way that anyone that I was with could be pissed at me for messing up their car.
It's Mother's Day now, so I need to get to sleep so I can wake up early and cook breakfast or something.

EDIT: Overslept the breakfast. Stupid alarm. Have to "turn it on" apparently.

No comments: