11.18.2004

Incredibles

I saw the movie Tuesday night for my sister's birthday. I think it's my favorite Pixar movie yet. Most likely because it is about superheroes and I'm a dork who likes that stuff. I won't go into specifics about the movie so I don't spoil it for anyone, but I will say that the animation is some of the best I've seen. The hair designs are amazing and the skin looks almost real (Even if it looks a bit waxy close-up.).
On a similar topic it appears that Hollywood has finally gotten pissed off at Pixar for doing what they have never been able to accomplish: making consistently good films. Now there appears to be a lawsuit against Pixar. I read through the story and it seems like a joke but then again we're talking about Holly-weird here. I wouldn't put it past these guys to actually believe that they could win such a ridiculous suit. And the thing about inexperienced executives and crappy directors in charge of big-budget flops are all problems that they created themselves. Perhaps instead of trying to bring a good company down they should just take notes and figure out why they're all such fuck-ups.

No comments: