9.25.2008

These People Don't Know the Constitution

I saw a short clip this morning of a reporter making the rounds asking people why they were voting for McCain and Palin. One that stood out was a woman who said, "They stand for the issues that are important to me." An issue she mentioned that was of importance was the issue of faith.

What?

It frustrates me to no end when I hear politicians express their views of their faith to the public. They manipulate those that share similar opinions on faith and then try to create this false sense that religion is a part of politics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Constitution expressly states that there is a separation of church and state? Then, when did faith become an issue that the public needs to take into account when voting for public officials?

I don't want to appear that I'm looking down on those who have a place for religion in their lives. It just aggravates me when politicians use religion to gain voters and avoid true issues.

I'd also like politicians to stick to their promises. Just thought I'd throw that in since I'm wishing for things that will never come true.

No comments: