7.20.2004

Amish Terrarium

I watched "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" tonight, thanks to a friend who works at Blockbuster who got it for free.  That had to be the worst movie ever made, but funny as all hell.  It's crappy-factor was on par with "Cannibal!  The Musical".  I didn't get a chance to watch it with the commentary, so Cannibal is still close to the top of my list of best DVD commentaries.  I did try and watch all of the special features and there is a great featurette with the cast talking about making it along with how they each approached playing the "bad actor" parts.  After that the movie seemed funnier just because I had a better appreciation for how hard they had to work at being so bad. 
I'm seriously thinking about writing a movie like this and producing it.  I'm not sure if I'd go sci-fi or not though.  I'm leaning more towards a gangster film.  I wouldn't want to look like I'm trying to rip-off Cadavra, but the 50's sci-fi genre is so easily made into a ridiculously, funny movie.  With my limited movie experience it would be a piece of cake to make it look like crap too.  I guess stating that I want to make a film like Cadavra would mean doing a sci-fi film would be an homage to it...  Or I would just be a hack stealing other people's good ideas like Jay Leno.

No comments: